Israel's War on Palestine
Israel is committing slow-motion genocide on Palestinians.
by Stephen Lendman
Operation Pillar of Cloud reflects the latest chapter in Israel's decades-long, slow-motion, genocidal war on Palestine.
So-called memorandum of understanding terms changed nothing. They're nonbinding, meaningless, and insulting.
Israel disregarded all past agreements. It'll violate this one with impunity and already did. More on that below.
With full US support, it flagrantly ignored dozens of Security Council and General Assembly resolutions. They condemned or censured Israel for its crimes, deplored it for committing them, and/or demanded they end.
Israel does what it pleases with impunity. Palestine's Nakba never ended. It continues now. It's embedded in Palestinian consciousness. It reflects an ongoing journey of pain, suffering, loss, and injustice.
Daily life replicates Palestine's tortured past. Occupation harshness threatens Palestinian culture, heritage, and existence. Draconian military orders alone create oppressive conditions. They include:
- No. 92 giving Israel control of all West Bank and Gaza water;
- No. 158 stipulating that Palestinians can't construct water installations without (nearly impossible to get) permit permission, and those built will be confiscated or demolished;
- No. 1015 requiring Palestinians get permission to plant trees on their own land;
- No. 128 authorizing the IDF to take over any Palestinian business not open during regular business hours;
- No. 107 prohibiting Arabic grammar, Crusades history, and Arab nationalist publications;
- No. 101 banning gatherings of more than 10 people without advance notice with names of participants;